We Are Hiring
YOUTH SUPPORT WORKER – LEADER IN CHARGE
Position: Youth Support Worker Leader In Charge – 8 Hours Per Week
Location: Three Ways Community Centre, Well Lane, Newry, BT34 1HE
Reports to: Line Manager
Salary: £12.6144 Per Hour
Role: The overall purpose of this post is the provision of youth support and programme delivery to the current and new youth projects developed. You will be working directly with young people to develop their personal and social education by providing programmes of activities based on their needs.
Requirements of Post
- To deliver a programme of youth work activities based on need in the designated area, related to Three Ways Community Association’s ‘Model of Excellence’ as agreed with young people and Line Manager.
- To provide leadership and support for all young people and the team of volunteers within the facility.
- Ensure and encourage young people to play an active role in the project and work towards progression their own personal and social development.
- To maintain and build external relationships including those with private businesses, government officials, sponsors, funding bodies, MLAs, local community representatives and other relevant stakeholders to deliver workshops to young people.
- Provide information and support to young people to assist them to express and realise their goals and to work effectively in groups.
- Challenge oppressive behaviour in young people.
- Encourage young people to become active citizens and community champions.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of activities with young people.
- Support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge and in taking action to address key issues in their lives and community,
- Implement TWCA’s Child Protection Policy and work with young people to safeguard their welfare.
- Be responsible for administration within the project, including effective record keeping as and when required.
- To carry out such duties, as may be assigned by the Line Manager, within the level of the post.
- To comply with all policies and procedures within the organisation.
- Undertake appraisals as and when required with Line Manager.
- Attend Community Association meetings as and when required.
- A degree in Community Youth Work or the Education Authority’s, Youth Support Worker Qualification (from 2014) or an OCN Level 2/3 in Youth work with at least 1 years’ experience of working with similar projects.
- Fully flexible as role requires evening and weekend work at times.
- Experience of leading and training young people and volunteers
- Planning and organisational skills
- Effective team player with a proven record of leadership skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willing to undertake an Access NI Check
- Experience in implementing and maintaining new activities
- Enthusiastic and hard working
- Experience of managing volunteers
- Experience in evaluating programmes
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to; email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th August @ 5:00pm
This position is funded by the Education Authority and Department for Communities. Temporary until March 31st 2020, matter of continuation further to securing further funding.